Multi-Disciplinary in situ Analytical System
Multi-Disciplinary in situ Analytical System Leading Research Equipment Home
The online in situ analytical system consisting of 7 leading high-end analytical instruments and 8 device fabrication systems aims to provide a total analytical solution for both academic and industry uses.
- Nano material properties of metal/oxide/semi conductor manufactured in the processing device (component, structure, form, and electronic characteristics) are analyzed without exposure to air
- Analysis is conducted in real time with automatic processing devices based on the recipe
- Ability to perform the electronic characteristics performance in the low / high temperature as it is possible to manufacture the socket wihtout being exposed to air
Representative Research Case
Clarification of the reasons for nano-wrinkles as an obstacle for using graphene
- Graphene is synthesized at a high temperature (1,000 ℃).
- Owing to its unique expansion characteristics in freezing courses, stress occurs between copper and graphene, which are contracted while freezing
- Owing to this effect, the surface of copper changes into a wavy shape as in the surface of water while forming nano-wrinkles on graphene
- Raman spectroscopy revealed that, the higher the number of layers in graphene, the wavy shape becomes on the surface of copper
- We found that the electronic characteristics of graphene are better if no nano-wrinkles exist, and we clarified the causes of this phenomenon
AFM and Raman mapping images showing that the step-edge formation of Cu is closely related to the number of graphene layers and their strain.