Bioimaging Research Bioconvergence Analysis > Major Research Activities Home
Based on animal MRI (9.4 T, 4.7 T) and human MRI (7 T, 3 T) systems and imaging technologies (including the image acquisition/processing technology and the contrast media application technology), we have conducted researches on brain disease/anatomy and disease-targeting diagnosis/tracing.
- Research on 7 T human MRI-based technologies (HW improvement study, pulse sequence, image reconstruction, etc.)
- Research on improvement of technologies using perfusion images, diffusion images, functional images, and spectroscopic images
- Studies of disease diagnosis and follow-up based on MR-optical imaging instrument
- Practical use of cutting-edge equipment through translational research based on joint research collaboration
Representative Research Cases
Development of Glutamate CEST MRI method
- Glutamate CEST MRI method showed comparable signal differences between normal and dementia monkey brains. It is feasible to diagnose dementia early and precisely by using this method at 7 T human MRI.
Comparison of GluCEST images between normal and dementia monkey at 7 T human MRI