7 T Human MRI System
7 T Human MRI System Leading-edge Equipment Home
A 7 T human MRI system can provide ultra high image definitions compared with the conventional 1.5 or 3 T MRI system. In 2017, a parallel transmission system was successfully integrated into the 7 T MRI system, which enhances image homogeneity and dramatically improves the tissue contrast and image quality for the brain.
- Actively shielded compact 7 T superconducting magnet and gradient coils
- Eight-channel transmission and 32-channel receiving RF systems
- Noninvasive ultra high resolution images and spectra
Representative Research Case
Performed translational research for practical development of 7 T human MRI. Some diabetes mellitus patients might have to have their leg(s) amputated due to the lowered blood perfusion and ulcers. Early diagnostic capability using 7 T MRI of perfusion rate and metabolism changes in muscle on the feet is important.
Perfusion rate and PCr–Pi concentration changes of a normal or DM patient foot can be sensitively measured by the 7 T human MRI system.
- Improved high-resolution structural brain images at 7 T, in comparison with 3 T
- 200-μm in-plane resolution image