Mass Spectrometry and Advanced Instrumentation Research
Mass Spectrometry and Advanced Instrumentation Research Scientific Instrumentation > Major Research Activities(x) Home
KBSI is leading future science and technology and supporting mass spectrometry instrument production industry in Korea by developing mass spectrometers that may be applied to unique R&D work required by basic sciences as well as relevant element technologies.
- Creation of a new growth engine through the development of mass spectrometers and related research instruments
- Development of key component technologies of mass spectrometer
- Instrumentation for 3D molecular imaging mass spectrometry
- Instrumentation for portable mass spectrometry
Representative Research Cases
Development of organic molecular cluster ion beams (OCIB)
- We developed a time-of-flight (ToF)-SIMS instrument and generated organic molecular cluster ion beams ionized by multiphoton ionization (MPI) as a primary ion beam. Using the developed instrument, we tuned the condition of developed cluster ion beam to detect intact molecular ion signals from the sample surface with less fragmentations. We expect this combination of the organic molecular cluster ion beam generated by MPI and ToF-SIMS to greatly expand the field of surface analysis.
A sample injection system for a portable GCMS using a synthetic membrane maintaining the miniaturized vacuum system of portable mass spectrometer